Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Let Love Be Your Highest Goal

Everybody will be talking about love over the next few days or so. Today, while having my morning devotion I came across this truly profound and amazing scripture which states the caption above.

"Let Love be your highest goal". I was reading 1 Corinthians 14: 1 when I found it.

Isn't it rather interesting how we pursue so many things, wealth, career, romance and a whole host of other stuff.
Yet we miss this simple and purposeful reason to life? love. I pray you all will have more love and more love.

Love is one of the most precious gifts God has given us.

It is the most thought about, sang about virtue of all time.
It is often misunderstood, misjudged and confused with other things.

Since I read this I am more convinced that this is exactly what the world needs, so I'm not going to give up on giving more love.

Don't be blinded by 'love-in-a-box'.  Love must be extended beyond your family and friends.
Love must be extended beyond your romantic counterparts and pursuits.

Love is the greatest - give it - share it.

So now I am even more committed to loving others much more than I did before.
I want to withhold nothing in me from 'God-access'.

God performs His agenda through love.

We should do the same...

No comments: