Friday, August 5, 2011
1. The spirit of independence was breathing heavily down our necks; we could not contain its fury. We gave in and now we celebrate 49 years of it all.
2. Such great wealth in being independent, if we could sell then it may be priceless.
3. The sweet tune of the Jamaican song, ‘wi love yu, wi luv yu a jah mek yah’
4. We have endured so much suffering and pain. Our fore fathers made such great sacrifices, the price of freedom has already been paid, it is now time to live, preserve it and pass it on.
5. Independence is great for those who know what its worth
6. Its such a funny thing that we believe we are much wiser today yet those who fought for our freedom did so with so little and we have so much and having such a hard time keeping it.
7. The stories of Jamaica’s independence must be told, written in books and stored in libraries and universities so we will rise above our challenges of yesterday and become stronger, better and wiser tomorrow.
Flag of Jamaica image courtesy of 4 International Flags