Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Negative Motivations

As a child I was taunted by some of my older siblings. Being number eight of nine, I was pressured in more than one ways to perform. Some times I was called negative names by a brother who is an expert on giving people names.

I have overcome those hurdles but sometimes I wonder how much these early childhood experiences impact on my life today. Feelings of inadequacy, loneliness and unworthiness use to plague me. As a result of my faith in Jesus, I have overcome these, but I know there are many families who struggle with issues like mine.

These negative motivations drove me to make something of my life. With a deep and burning desire to fit in, I have more than 'fit it’; I have created my own mold, model and designs for others to copy. Learning to turn our negative situations into positives is a remarkable gift. I believe now with all my heart that I am destined for greatness.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

a lot of us are pressured into fitting in with 'whats in, whats wearing' etc. But the greatest thing we can do is to be ourselves and the best we can be.