Popular Posts

Search This Blog

Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Good Teachers are our Heroes




Today is a very special day as we pause to salute our nation’s teachers.

A profession that is the back bone for all the nations of the world.
Teaching is also the pillow which holds the heads of the world.


If I were to use one word to describe a good teacher then it would be ‘hero’.

A teacher has the ability to break a child’s will, destroy his spirit or mold him or her into something great. When I consider how much my early childhood experiences were framed and carved from my interactions with good teachers, then I consider myself blessed.
Blessed to have had the opportunity of my mind being trained by women and men of great integrity, good values and moral standards and above all, they had the fear and wisdom of God.


These are the true heroes of the day; Spending their time, their energy and their lives helping to develop the lives of others. Finding and reaping very little material rewards at times, but gaining greater joy from others accomplishments and their success stories.

If we are able to truly give of ourselves and to find at least one person who we can pour ourselves into. If we can find someone who we can guide, instruct and help to make it to the top of their mountain, then we have reached a plateau of maturity where only the heroes among us go.

I salute you, unsung heroes. I wish you will find heart-warming joy and fulfillment in everyday life as you give to the world.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the thought - You made my day

D.M. NY said...

Thank you. It is good to know that we are appreciated.